The Harbours Sub-Committee has the following remit. Full details of the Terms of Reference for the Sub-Committee are available here.
- To exercise the function of the Duty Holder under the Port Marine Safety Code on behalf of Aberdeenshire Council by maintaining strategic oversight and direction of harbour operations.
- To give direction to officers on operational matters arising from harbour operations, and in particular the Council’s compliance with the Port Marine Safety Code.
- To review the adequacy of systems, policies and procedures, including risk management and risk assessment arrangements and procedures, employed to ensure compliance with the Port Marine Safety Code.
- To develop, approve and review Council policy to ensure compliance with the Port Marine Safety Code.
- To take decisions on resource matters within agreed budgets relating to harbour operations on behalf of Infrastructure Services Committee and in accordance with the powers delegated to that Committee under Section F.2 of Part 2A of the List of Committee Powers under Aberdeenshire Council’s Scheme of Governance.
Harbours Sub-Committee 12/06/2020 (Click for documents)
- 12 June 2020 - 14:00PM
- Skype Meeting. Recording of meeting now available
Committee Chair and Vice Chair
Banff and District
Committee Vice Chair
Stonehaven and Lower Deeside